Monday 30 May 2011

An adventure of a lifetime in about 8 hours

Right now I am with my aunt and uncle and three little cousins. We went to a little island across from Valleta called Gozo. It was very cute and tiny. The first part of this adventure was intresting. There are nine of us so we needed a big car to fit all of us, then the ferry was full, so we ended up getting a private motor boat, then we got another car to take us around Gozo.  It was a bit like being on The Amazing Race. The boat ride was like something out of Disneyland - it's the next day now, I'm dry, but I still have salt in my hair.










One thing I saw in Gozo were the salt pans. Salt pans are natural pools in the rock where the water accumalates like a pool. After a while the water evaporates leaving natural sea salt.







The rock of Gozo is Limestone which is a soft rock which means there are lots of caves and arches along the coast. We went in some neat caves.








In between Malta and Gozo is an even smaller island called Camino which has nothing on it except for a church and a defence tower. I have no idea what they were trying to defend. It's famous for it's Blue Lagoon. All the water in the area is bright blue and really clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment